Tee off and get ready for an amazing weekend! For the first time ever DIRECTV customers can experience the U.S. Open Championship live in 4K HDR on DIRECTV 4K (Ch. 105). You’ll get closer to the players than ever before as the 4K HDR broadcast follows a featured group of golfers from start to finish. When the featured group is not active, additional 4K HDR content from FOX Sports will be available—that’s right, more amazing golf content in the life-like clarity of 4K HDR!
Catch featured groups and content from the 118th U.S. Open Championship in Live 4K HDR during the following times:
- Thursday, June 14 from 9:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET
- Friday, June 15 from 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET
- Saturday, June 16 from 11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET
- Sunday, June 17 from 10 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
But that’s not all—there’s so much more! The DIRECTV U.S. Open Experience (Chs. 701-705) has joined forces with FOX Sports and the USGA, to give fans expanded live coverage with four dedicated channels that feature real-time leader board, scores, and more – all in one screen.
- 701 Mix Channel – 4-screens-in-1
- 702 Network Simulcast – FS1 and FOX (Thursday – Friday); FOX (Saturday – Sunday)
- 703 Featured Group 1 – Follow select groups of golfers shot-by-shot
- 704 Featured Group 2 – Follow select groups of golfers shot-by-shot
- 705 Holes 13, 14, 15 – Get closer to all the action and drama at holes 7, 9, and 11
And as previously announced, FOX Sports, in cooperation with the Fox Innovation Lab and partners Ericsson, Intel and AT&T, will use 5G technology to stream 4K video over 5G for potential broadcast nationwide at this year’s U.S. Open Championship. The 5G wireless technology will transmit 4K HDR images from two FOX Sports cameras positioned on the challenging par-3 seventh hole at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club through the FOX Sports production truck, potentially making it available to FOX Sports and its viewers through DIRECTV. It’s going to be amazing, so make sure to tune in!